Ovens are some of the best modern day cooking equipment that have revolutionized cooking. However, as important as they are, they can also inflict very serious injuries when handled inappropriately. Therefore, it is important that you use silicone oven gloves while using an oven.
Silicone oven mitts have arrived from the future as they come with unique features such as superior heat resistance, waterproof capability, non-porous and stain proof among other features. These mitts are specifically designed to enhance great safety while cooking with an oven.
Why are silicone oven gloves different from other types of gloves?
There is no doubt that silicone oven gloves are much better than the conventional cloth oven mitts. The FDA recommends them, and so do we. Several factors make them stand out:
- Silicone oven gloves are manufactured from high-grade silicon, making them heat-resistant even in very high temperatures
- Unlike conventional cloth mitts that have been known to carry loads of disease-causing microorganisms when left damp and unwashed, silicone oven gloves do not let bacteria to imbed since they are waterproof.
- Silicone oven gloves provides a better grip compared to traditional oven mitts.
A quick glance at silicone oven mitts may make you think they are best when used in the garage. Far from it. Silicone oven mitts are actually a cook’s best friend in the kitchen. This is because these gloves are very resistant to heat. They can withstand temperatures as high as 260 Degrees Celsius.
What’s more unique about these gloves is that they also make it very easy to place items in boiling water by gently placing the items you want without splashing water. In addition to this, these gloves are able to withstand steam thus making them exceptionally suitable to drain pasta and boiled potatoes without suffering any burns whatsoever.
If you are fond of preparing Chinese dishes, then silicone oven gloves should be your best choice. This is because these mitts will provide you with the much needed protection from burns from splatter and hot oil. And because these gloves are non-porous , you should not be bothered about hygiene standards as they are easy to clean. It’s also worth noting that there are various brands of silicone oven mitts that come with removable liners for better comfort.
What to consider when purchasing silicone oven mitts
When purchasing silicone oven gloves, there are a couple of factors you need to consider. These include:
- Pricing – High quality gloves are highly priced but are economical in the long run as they are very durable.
- Degree of hardness- Hard silicone oven mitts are very ideal as they are able to provide ultimate protection from burns and steam while cooking.
- Quality- The quality of these gloves should always come first as the higher the quality of the gloves, the more useful and reliable the gloves are.